Monday, March 16, 2015

Welcome to my new blog

Hello World!

My name is Devon Sowell and I've been a CAD Consultant for more than 15 years. I like to design products and optimize ideas for cost effective manufacturing. Previously I used SolidWorks, but now I would describe myself as an Onshape champion. I'm an Onshape Consulting Partner and my new website, Carlsbad CAD, is here www.carlsbadcad.com .

I highly recommend you take a close look at Onshape, www.onshape.com . I would describe Onshape CAD as the next generation in CAD. It is a browser based application that can run on Apple, Windows and Android devices. No software needs to be downloaded, it runs on hosted servers. No expensive approved CAD video card is required. Onshape is currently "in beta", so it's not fully baked yet, but performs very well in it's current state.

I'll be posting about Onshape CAD and other interesting related topics. I look forward to interacting with other Onshape users.

Cheers,
Devon Sowell

P.S. For example multiple Parts, and auto Color, from a single Sketch using Onshape, nice!


2 comments:

  1. Nice blog, I'm interested to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bill, I'm looking forward to our next meeting. :-)

    ReplyDelete