Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Using Cloud based software that runs in a browser? That's old hat around here.

When you visit your Doctor's office do you see this?


.

Or perhaps this?

.

If so, you might considering changing to a different Doctor, one who's office is using up to date technology.


.

My Wife is a  Doctor of psychology specializing in neuropsychological testing. She puts your brain on the dynamometer, so to speak, and can quantify the function and performance of your brain. And yet she still married me, amazing!

When the Affordable Care Act, Obama Care, was signed into law on March 23, 2010 one of the mandates issued was for all medical records, histories, and provider billings to be submitted and stored electronically. This is overseen by the Center for Medicare Services, (CMS).  By the way, my Wife abhors using a computer.

So in 2012 thru 2013 I went back to our local Community College. I got certified in Medical Billing & Coding and Medical Insurance Practices. To say I was the oldest person in these classes is an understatement LOL.

After 25 years of my Wife writing everything out in long hand, I began the process of switching her practice over to electronic documents. We needed medical practice software, so we began to research what other doctors were using in their offices. The winner was Office Ally, a Cloud based application that runs in a browser. Sound familiar? Office Ally claims 340,000 users currently. I've been using it since April 2, 2014.

.

This software has streamlined our workflow and improved our cash flow, I highly recommend it. Looking back, I remember it being offline for more than an hour just one time. Just like Onshape, if it happens to crash, which it rarely does, I just restart my browser and continue on where I left off. Again, like Onshape, it keeps copies of all our documents and they are easily retrieved using their excellent Search functionality.

Yeah, I'm a veteran using a web based application running in a browser. And I'm a happy camper too.

Any feedback?

Cheers,
Devon Sowell
Onshape Consultant Partner
760 809 9046

No comments:

Post a Comment